The Guidelines for Accessible Assessment were written and published by the Round Table on Information Access for People with a Print Disability. The purpose of the document is to guide teachers, support staff, accessible format producers and disability service practitioners when preparing educational assessment tasks for students with vision impairment. It covers provision of examination material in all alternative formats, including braille and tactile graphics. It is a substantive revision of the Round Table Examination Guidelines for students with vision impairments, produced in 1995.
The guidelines are available as a free download using the links below. Hard copies are available for purchase through the Round Table Guidelines page.
- Word version (doc 190kb)
- Large print 18pt version (doc 190 kb)
- Print version (pdf 248 kb)
- Electronic braille BRF version (brf 78 kb)
- Duxbury Braille Translator version (dxb 83 kb)
- DAISY version – text only (zip 325 kb)